This blog is a organizational tool to help focus on my illustration goalswith RISD.
I've started my blog in a children's book illustration class at RISD CE. I hope to see how the excitementt of books and art go hand in hand, words I live by. In this latest perspective project the child 's adventure in a frog pond doesn't go off without a splash.
Bonnie, NICE BLOG START! This looks much better. The boy looks a lot older than your other piece however. If you are going to use this as a companion piece, check out the very young boy you have sitting by the pond. Did he have on a purple t-shirt or am I dreaming? Judy
This piece is from children's book 2 where Cheryl was such a great inspiration. At the library I have access to book reviews done by excited librarians. Finding and selecting books I love and then giving it a real hard look on what is working: color theory, concept, perspective, composition, edges, materials, media.
Self-Portrait
self-Portrait
A nice suggestion was to have a self-portrait. I believe this piece sums up my interests for history. In a library you can not escape the fact that books and art go hand in hand and these words I live by.
Frog Pond, Boy and Dog
Frog Pond, Boy and dog
The boy and the pond was originally going to meet the series requirement for the final portfolio presentation.Tthe frog worked but problems outwwieghed this as an add-in as a series requirement. I am however happy with the pretty color blue water next to the large rock the boy is sitting on.
Series
Frog Pond
Perspective
Kite Day
Pieces with action, perspective just getting your attention are very important to have.
RECENT BOOKS OF RI HISTORY
1.L. Marcelo's Creepy Crawls: a Horror fiends Travel Guide
2. G. Laxton's Hidden History of RI
My educational kit and children's book is a work in progress. These recent project pieces include another trip to the cemetary and a road trip. W3R,now a national park trail has been signed into law by Obama.
Bonnie, NICE BLOG START!
ReplyDeleteThis looks much better.
The boy looks a lot older than your other piece however. If you are going to use this as a companion piece, check out the very young boy you have sitting by the pond. Did he have on a purple t-shirt or am I dreaming?
Judy